* org-mairix bug?
@ 2008-01-08  4:12 Austin Frank
From: Austin Frank @ 2008-01-08  4:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello!

I'm working on integrating mairix into my email workflow.  The recently
added nnmairix in gnus is a great tool-- I encourage any gnus + mairix
users to try it.

I'd like to make use of org-mairix as well, but I am having some
trouble.  The link seems to be built correctly, containing the proper
options and message id.  Unfortunately, it seems that the arguments to
mairix aren't being constructed correctly.  For me, to get any searches
to work, I needed to append "m:" in front of the message-id in the
search argument to org-mairix-command-substitution.  I think this is
just an oversight on the original author's part, as the function
org-mairix-gnus-display-results actually checks for this string.  In any
case, I think the fix could look something like this

(defun org-mairix-command-substitution (cmd search args)
  "Substitute '%search%' and '%args% in mairix search command."
  (while (string-match "%search%" cmd)
    (setq cmd (replace-match search 'fixedcase 'literal (concat "m:" cmd))))
  (while (string-match "%args%" cmd)
    (setq cmd (replace-match args 'fixedcase 'literal cmd)))
  cmd)

This allows my links in org mode to single out the message with the
specified ID.  I get complaints from org-mairix-gnus-display-results
because it doesn't think the first two characters of the search are
"m:"... I can't figure out why this is the case.

Thanks for org-mairix.  I hope this report is useful.
/au

--
Austin Frank
http://aufrank.net

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 185 bytes --]

* Re: org-mairix bug?
@ 2008-01-09 22:07 ` Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2008-01-09 22:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Mon, Jan 07, 2008 at 11:12:53PM -0500, Austin Frank wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I'm working on integrating mairix into my email workflow.  The recently
> added nnmairix in gnus is a great tool-- I encourage any gnus + mairix
> users to try it.
>
> I'd like to make use of org-mairix as well, but I am having some
> trouble.  The link seems to be built correctly, containing the proper
> options and message id.  Unfortunately, it seems that the arguments to
> mairix aren't being constructed correctly.  For me, to get any searches
> to work, I needed to append "m:" in front of the message-id in the
> search argument to org-mairix-command-substitution.  I think this is
> just an oversight on the original author's part, as the function
> org-mairix-gnus-display-results actually checks for this string.

Actually, it might be an oversight on my part not Georg's.  Where did
you get the version you are using from?  It sounds like you may be
using the updated version I posted to the list not too long ago, but
then again maybe not, since I did explicitly warn that I hadn't tested
my changes with gnus and I guess you would have seen that!

  http://article.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/4908/match=mairix

> Thanks for org-mairix.  I hope this report is useful.

It certainly will be!  Thanks for testing.