From: Claudine Chionh <claudine@chionh.org>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: GTD, Projects, and Next Actions in org-mode
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 10:56:56 +1000	[thread overview]

I am doing postgraduate study, have two jobs and sit on a few
committees so perhaps this busy-ness is reflected in my system.
I use an ever-growing collection of org files, all stored in the
~/org/ directory.

Each file falls into one of the following categories:
- a single project
- "diary" file for one-off tasks and appointments that don't fit into
  a project
- reference material
- lists of lists

Regarding projects, I have a projects.org file that links to
individual project files.  The project list is divided into different
domains of life (personal, job 1 and job 2) and further divided into
current/active projects, closed/archived projects and
deferred/postponed projects.

Most project files have the following level 1 headings:
- Actions
- Diary
- Notes

Actions can be further subdivided so I might have something like this:

* Actions

** TODO code X

*** TODO ask Y what he means by "Z"

I use tags like "waiting", "delegate" and people's names to identify
actions that depend on other people.

The diary section combines future appointments with notes relating to
past appointments.

The agenda view is essential for drawing all these separate files
together and giving me an overview of what I should be doing at any
time.  All of the files are stored in a CVS repository.

Hope this helps,
Claudine

--
Claudine Chionh <claudine@chionh.org>