On 15.9.2013, at 21:06, Sebastien Vauban wrote: > Hi Carsten, > > Carsten Dominik wrote: >>> When moving with C-c C-v C-n (or p) from one code block to the next (or >>> previous), it's much better if the code block gets centered (vs hidden, >>> forcing the user to scroll down, as it currently is). >>> >>> This is the purpose of this easy patch. >> >> I don't think this patch is the right thing - is feels different from >> standard Emacs behavior. > > I'm not sure to understand which Emacs behavior we would deviate from? This > is a jump, and it'd be better located at a readable place. Without it, you're > forced to follow 90% of your jumps by a `C-l'... > > And isn't it very similar to the patch I sent earlier this week regarding the > recenter after the jump with `C-c C-x C-j'? I'd more easily understand that > both are either accepted or rejected, but not a mixed case. I think the difference is the following: org-clock-goto is a jump to a specific location and can be expected to be far away, so it is OK to recenter the screen. org-babel-next-src-block is more like forward paragraph, or like a forward search. It is possible that there are several src blocks on a page. Only moving the window content when necessary gives a better sense of space and location. This is why such commands in Emacs only scroll when the target position is off screen. Regards - Carsten > > Anyway, I'm not bothered if it's not in Org, I can simply defadvice the > functions (the `after' case). So I respect your decision, even if it puzzles > me: it's just that having to manually recenter after almost all jumps do not > feel like a right behavior of Org to me, for the beginners who can't make such > defadvice on their own. > > Best regards, > Seb > > -- > Sebastien Vauban