Good news! This fix https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/commit/?id=14e8a68a6 has resolved this problem as well. Thanks so much! ---- On Thu, 27 Jun 2024 05:42:00 -0400 Ihor Radchenko wrote --- kazark writes: > I use the #+SETUPFILE construct to manage families of Org files together. One thing I commonly do is to have a #+TODO declaration in the setup file. As of 9.7.5, the #+TODO declaration works if it is in the file that is in org-agenda-files but not if it is in that file's setup file. The syntax highlighting still suggests that the item is done, but Agenda says it is overdue. I can work around this by pasting all the #+TODO's directly into my agenda files, but the previous behavior was certainly very nice. Is this a regression, or an intentional change? Thanks for reporting! May you please provide detailed steps starting from clean config how to reproduce the problem you are seeing? See https://orgmode.org/manual/Feedback.html#Feedback -- Ihor Radchenko // yantar92, Org mode contributor, Learn more about Org mode at . Support Org development at , or support my work at