From: Kepa <gnu.cognition199@slmails.com>
To: Ihor Radchenko <yantar92@posteo.net>
Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: RE: Issue opening files with accented words, using org-attach-open
Date: Tue, 6 Aug 2024 19:37:28 +0000	[thread overview]

Hi, Ihor

I get not output with w32-shell-execute, but... if I make a link to the file, and I try to open it, I get a backtrace (so it would be not a problem from org-attach, but from org-mode):

Debugger entered--entering a function:

* org-open-file("p:/170 Buzón/oq.pdf" nil)

  apply(org-open-file "p:/170 Buzón/oq.pdf" nil nil)

  org-link-open-as-file("p:/170 Buzón/oq.pdf" nil)

  org-link-open((link (:standard-properties [214050 nil nil nil 214078 0 nil nil nil nil nil nil nil nil #<buffer 1-TAREAS.org> nil nil (paragraph (:standard-properties [214050 214050 214050 214079 214079 0 nil nil element t (20 . 214083) nil nil nil #<buffer 1-TAREAS.org> nil nil (section ...)]))] :type "file" :type-explicit-p t :path "p:/170 Buzón/oq.pdf" :format bracket :raw-link "file:p:/170 Buzón/oq.pdf" :application nil :search-option nil)) nil)

  #f(compiled-function (&optional arg) "Open thing at point.\nThe thing can be a link, citation, timestamp, footnote, src-block or\ntags.\n\nWhen point is on a link, follow it.  Normally, files will be opened by\nan appropriate application (see `org-file-apps').  If the optional prefix\nargument ARG is non-nil, Emacs will visit the file.  With a double\nprefix argument, try to open outside of Emacs, in the application the\nsystem uses for this file type.\n\nWhen point is on a timestamp, open the agenda at the day\nspecified.\n\nWhen point is a footnote definition, move to the first reference\nfound.  If it is on a reference, move to the associated\ndefinition.\n\nWhen point is on a src-block of inline src-block, open its result.\n\nWhen point is on a citation, follow it.\n\nWhen point is on a headline, display a list of every link in the\nentry, so it is possible to pick one, or all, of them.  If point\nis on a tag, call `org-tags-view' instead.\n\nOn top of syntactically correct links, this function also tries\nto open links and timestamps in comments, node properties, and\nkeywords if point is on something looking like a timestamp or\na link." (interactive "P") #<bytecode -0x1c87900cd089f1b9>)(nil)

  apply(#f(compiled-function (&optional arg) "Open thing at point.\nThe thing can be a link, citation, timestamp, footnote, src-block or\ntags.\n\nWhen point is on a link, follow it.  Normally, files will be opened by\nan appropriate application (see `org-file-apps').  If the optional prefix\nargument ARG is non-nil, Emacs will visit the file.  With a double\nprefix argument, try to open outside of Emacs, in the application the\nsystem uses for this file type.\n\nWhen point is on a timestamp, open the agenda at the day\nspecified.\n\nWhen point is a footnote definition, move to the first reference\nfound.  If it is on a reference, move to the associated\ndefinition.\n\nWhen point is on a src-block of inline src-block, open its result.\n\nWhen point is on a citation, follow it.\n\nWhen point is on a headline, display a list of every link in the\nentry, so it is possible to pick one, or all, of them.  If point\nis on a tag, call `org-tags-view' instead.\n\nOn top of syntactically correct links, this function also tries\nto open links and timestamps in comments, node properties, and\nkeywords if point is on something looking like a timestamp or\na link." (interactive "P") #<bytecode -0x1c87900cd089f1b9>) nil)

  org--mouse-open-at-point(#f(compiled-function (&optional arg) "Open thing at point.\nThe thing can be a link, citation, timestamp, footnote, src-block or\ntags.\n\nWhen point is on a link, follow it.  Normally, files will be opened by\nan appropriate application (see `org-file-apps').  If the optional prefix\nargument ARG is non-nil, Emacs will visit the file.  With a double\nprefix argument, try to open outside of Emacs, in the application the\nsystem uses for this file type.\n\nWhen point is on a timestamp, open the agenda at the day\nspecified.\n\nWhen point is a footnote definition, move to the first reference\nfound.  If it is on a reference, move to the associated\ndefinition.\n\nWhen point is on a src-block of inline src-block, open its result.\n\nWhen point is on a citation, follow it.\n\nWhen point is on a headline, display a list of every link in the\nentry, so it is possible to pick one, or all, of them.  If point\nis on a tag, call `org-tags-view' instead.\n\nOn top of syntactically correct links, this function also tries\nto open links and timestamps in comments, node properties, and\nkeywords if point is on something looking like a timestamp or\na link." (interactive "P") #<bytecode -0x1c87900cd089f1b9>) nil)

  apply(org--mouse-open-at-point #f(compiled-function (&optional arg) "Open thing at point.\nThe thing can be a link, citation, timestamp, footnote, src-block or\ntags.\n\nWhen point is on a link, follow it.  Normally, files will be opened by\nan appropriate application (see `org-file-apps').  If the optional prefix\nargument ARG is non-nil, Emacs will visit the file.  With a double\nprefix argument, try to open outside of Emacs, in the application the\nsystem uses for this file type.\n\nWhen point is on a timestamp, open the agenda at the day\nspecified.\n\nWhen point is a footnote definition, move to the first reference\nfound.  If it is on a reference, move to the associated\ndefinition.\n\nWhen point is on a src-block of inline src-block, open its result.\n\nWhen point is on a citation, follow it.\n\nWhen point is on a headline, display a list of every link in the\nentry, so it is possible to pick one, or all, of them.  If point\nis on a tag, call `org-tags-view' instead.\n\nOn top of syntactically correct links, this function also tries\nto open links and timestamps in comments, node properties, and\nkeywords if point is on something looking like a timestamp or\na link." (interactive "P") #<bytecode -0x1c87900cd089f1b9>) nil)

  org-open-at-point(nil)

  funcall-interactively(org-open-at-point nil)

  call-interactively(org-open-at-point)

  #f(compiled-function (&optional indent arg interactive) "Goto next table row or insert a newline.\n\nCalls `org-table-next-row' or `newline', depending on context.\n\nWhen optional INDENT argument is non-nil, call\n`newline-and-indent' with ARG, otherwise call `newline' with ARG\nand INTERACTIVE.\n\nWhen `org-return-follows-link' is non-nil and point is on\na timestamp, a link or a citation, call `org-open-at-point'.\nHowever, it will not happen if point is in a table or on a \"dead\"\nobject (e.g., within a comment).  In these case, you need to use\n`org-open-at-point' directly." (interactive "i\nP\np") #<bytecode 0x12021b210b6f462a>)(nil nil 1)

  apply(#f(compiled-function (&optional indent arg interactive) "Goto next table row or insert a newline.\n\nCalls `org-table-next-row' or `newline', depending on context.\n\nWhen optional INDENT argument is non-nil, call\n`newline-and-indent' with ARG, otherwise call `newline' with ARG\nand INTERACTIVE.\n\nWhen `org-return-follows-link' is non-nil and point is on\na timestamp, a link or a citation, call `org-open-at-point'.\nHowever, it will not happen if point is in a table or on a \"dead\"\nobject (e.g., within a comment).  In these case, you need to use\n`org-open-at-point' directly." (interactive "i\nP\np") #<bytecode 0x12021b210b6f462a>) (nil nil 1))

  org-return(nil nil 1)

  funcall-interactively(org-return nil nil 1)

  command-execute(org-return)

[cid:image001.png@01DAE848.A4D542E0]

https://i.ibb.co/NynYwVB/Captura-de-pantalla-2024-08-06-213339.png

Best regards