From: Nick Dokos <nicholas.dokos@hp.com>
To: Uri Avalos <uriavalos@yahoo.com>
Cc: nicholas.dokos@hp.com, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: LaTeX export works but not in HTML
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 02:58:41 -0400	[thread overview]

Uri Avalos <uriavalos@yahoo.com> wrote:

> The following latex options produce the right format (an article scaled up to 20pts using the "arev" font):
>
> #+LaTeX_CLASS: article
> #+LaTeX_CLASS_OPTIONS: [12pt]
> #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{amsmath,amsthm,amssymb} \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} \usepackage[20pt]{extsizes} \usepackage{arev} \usepackage[utf8]{inputenc}
>
> However, when I export to HTML, the math equations fail to export. And yes, I set the right variable for exporting latex snippets in HTML.
>
> Ideas? The culprit seems to be the arev package. Export works fine if I remove that. However, why would that cause a problem?
>
> Using org-mode 6.36

arev.sty conflicts with a couple of packages that are included by default
when latex fragments are converted into images:

o \usepackage[mathscr]{eucal}
o \usepackage{wasysym}

Since the latex compilation of the fragment fails, no .dvi and no .png
files are produced.  If you delete arev from your header, the conflicts
go away and everything works.

The conflict with eucal elicits the message:

,----
| (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/arev/arevmath.sty
| (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/arev/ams-mdbch.sty)
| (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/base/ifthen.sty)
|
| ! LaTeX Error: Command `\mathscr' already defined.
|
| See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
| Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
|
| l.95 ...Alphabet{\mathscr}       {U}  {rsfs}{m}{n}
|                                                    % Ralph Smith Formal Script
| ?
`----

Then the conflict with wasysym elicits the message:

,----
| (/usr/share/texmf-texlive/tex/latex/arev/arevsymbols.tex
|
| ! LaTeX Error: Command `\quarternote' already defined.
|
| See the LaTeX manual or LaTeX Companion for explanation.
| Type  H <return>  for immediate help.
|
| l.43 ...bol{\quarternote}{\mathalpha}{extraup}{90}
|                                                    % uni2669
| ?
`----

If I comment those two out of the (temporary) fragment latex file,
the compilation goes through without any problems, so these are the
only conflicts.

Now that I've made the diagnosis, I'll let you worry about the
cure ;-)

HTH,
Nick