* Setting TTY location?
@ 2017-09-17 14:32 Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2017-09-17 14:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I'm trying to get LaTeX/PDF output from an Org document (I guess for the
first time on this machine), and I'm getting this error:

resize:  can't open terminal /dev/tty
pdflatex: Command not found.

If I open a terminal window and type `which tty`, I get

/usr/bin/tty

Is there some setup I need to do to reconcile these?

Thank you!

-pd

* Re: Setting TTY location?
@ 2017-09-17 15:38 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2017-09-17 15:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Peter Davis <pfd@pfdstudio.com> writes:

> I'm trying to get LaTeX/PDF output from an Org document (I guess for
> the first time on this machine), and I'm getting this error:
>

> resize:  can't open terminal /dev/tty
> pdflatex: Command not found.

These are the problems to concentrate on. Make sure to install
pdflatex, and make sure the perms on /dev/tty are correct.
Mine says

  crw-rw-rw-.  1 root tty       5,   0 Sep 14 12:19 tty

> If I open a terminal window and type `which tty`, I get
>

> /usr/bin/tty

This is a red herring.

--
Nick

* Re: Setting TTY location?
@ 2017-09-17 22:26   ` Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2017-09-17 22:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On 9/17/17 11:38 AM, Nick Dokos wrote:
> Peter Davis <pfd@pfdstudio.com> writes:
>
>> I'm trying to get LaTeX/PDF output from an Org document (I guess for
>> the first time on this machine), and I'm getting this error:
>>

>> resize:  can't open terminal /dev/tty
>> pdflatex: Command not found.
>>
> These are the problems to concentrate on. Make sure to install
> pdflatex, and make sure the perms on /dev/tty are correct.
> Mine says
>
>    crw-rw-rw-.  1 root tty       5,   0 Sep 14 12:19 tty

Looks like those are okay ...

[PFDStudio-Air:~] peterdavis% which pdflatex
/Library/TeX/texbin/pdflatex
[PFDStudio-Air:~] peterdavis% ls -l /dev/tty
crw-rw-rw-  1 root  wheel    2,   0 Sep 17 09:06 /dev/tty
[PFDStudio-Air:~] peterdavis%

* Re: Setting TTY location?
@ 2017-09-18 13:43     ` Peter Davis
From: Peter Davis @ 2017-09-18 13:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Ok, this seems to have solved my problem:

(setenv "PATH" (concat "/usr/texbin:/Library/TeX/texbin:" (getenv
"PATH")))

Thank you!

-pd

--