Since DocBook XML is not supported by the new org-mode export architecture, I tried following the recommendation here: http://orgmode.org/worg/exporters/ox-overview.html exporting to texi and then using makeinfo to convert to DocBook XML. This worked reasonably smoothly, though it still required some hand editing. In particular, there are a number of constructs that seem to be completely different in org->makeinfo generated XML vs. the DocBook XML my team is using. I'm not sure this is exhaustive, but here's what I've found so far: Effect MakeInfo XML output Desired DocBook XML id strings Mixed_Case_Section_Title XXXX_lower_case_section_title chapter, sect labels label="n.n" *n/a* Code example ... ... Graphic Definition list ... ... ... ... ... ... I hope this HTML table comes through. I'm assuming I could create a fairly simple XSLT script to convert the makeinfo output to the desired XML, but I'm wondering if there's a way to pass a stylefile, DTD or schema to makeinfo to do this automatically. Anyone know? I looked at the help for makeinfo, but didn't see anything I recognized as a way to do this. Thanks, -pd -- Peter Davis www.techcurmudgeon.com