Looks to me like this only happens if the last word of the line is "emphasized" and larger font. I'm using emacs 28, org 9.5.5 #+OPTIONS: author:nil #+OPTIONS: toc:nil #+OPTIONS: date:nil #+OPTIONS: ^:nil #+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage[T1]{fontenc} #+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage{libertine} #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage[margin=0.70in]{geometry} #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{setspace} #+LATEX_HEADER: \usepackage{enumitem} #+LaTeX_HEADER: \usepackage{endnotes} #+ATTR_LATEX: :options [noitemsep, nolistsep] #+ATTR_LATEX: :options frame=single,backgroundcolor=\color{lightgray} * Database Retooling ** Mapping instructions A feature (or is it a bug) of the current processing is the "look ahead" feature which scans the _=MappingInstruction=_ table for instructions "related" to the one in hand.  Any found are processed along with the instruction in hand.  It was found that looking ahead when there /too many/ instruction became too expensive. To guard against that, "extra" records are moved to _=MappingQueue=_ table (and back again) to keep _=MappingInstruction=_ under approximately 5000 records.  This to-and-fro happens on a five minute interval, external to the =Resolve= application.