On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 08:28 +0100, Carsten Dominik wrote: > Hi Matt, > > personally, I never use visual-line-mode, mainly because cursor motion > becomes unpredictable to me (down doe not get me into the next line, > so for example keyboard macros are much harder to make to consistently). > > That said, I would expect that what you are describing should work, > and my memory is also that it used to work - after all, I implemented > not only line-prefix, but also wrap-prefix in org-indent-mode. I am > quite sure that this used to work. > > I am not sure how to proceed. Someone would have to bisect Emacs to > find which commit changed this behavior. Or maybe at lease someone > can try with a vanilla 23.1 Emacs? If it works there, we might have > enough to file a bug report. > I just tried it on the ubuntu karmic emacs23 packages. I get the same behaviour i was seeing before. In case my description is misleading, i just made a couple of screenshots and posted them here: http://www.derailleur.org/screenshots/ one shows some quick text when indent-mode is enabled, the other shows it with indent-mode disabled. anyway if you have any ideas how i might help that'd be great -- bisecting the code is probably beyond what i can easily do but i could try to dig around a bit somehow. thanks - i appreciate how much effort you put into this carsten! - matt -- Matt Price matt.price@utoronto.ca