On Tue, 2008-07-01 at 10:53 -0400, Bernt Hansen wrote: > Manish writes: > > > On Tue, Jul 1, 2008 at 6:00 PM, Giovanni Ridolfi wrote: > > > --- Mar 1/7/08, Harri Kiiskinen ha scritto: > > >> Data: Martedì 1 luglio 2008, 12:19 > > >> I was wondering, whether it might be possible to implement a > > >> separate > > >> customization file for org-mode? > > > > > > Hi, Harri, > > > > > > please write in your both > > > > > > ~/.emacs and c:\Documents and Settings\Your-user\Application data\.emacs > > > > > > (load "your/path/your-org-config.el") > > > > Now if I use customize interface to well.. customize then what > > will be updated .emacs or "your-org-config.el"? > > set the variable 'custom-file' to the file you want your custom settings > in. > Thank you all for the answers, but it seems that I was not quite clear enough. I'm quite able to set the 'custom-file' to whatever I want, and I can (load "myconfig.el") - which is what I currently do. Lets restate the problem: 1. I cannot and do not want to share _all_ customizations, since many of them are system specific - absolute paths, modes which function on Linux but not on XP (e.g. whizzy-tex), face settings etc. 2. I want to share org-mode customization, which is system independent, in my case. This I can do with (load "myconfig.el"), but the file has to be edited by hand, as the Emacs Customize for org-mode saves everything where 'custom-file' points to. 3. If I set 'custom-file' to "myconfig.el", then I contradict no. 1. ==> Currently I cannot use Customize to edit org-mode customization. So I'm suggesting a new variable like 'org-custom-file' or something, which is used to save only the customization for org-mode. Something like Mew already does. I think this would be logical also, because org-mode by definition has lots of customizations, which are not only options affecting its behaviour on the current system, but are the base for its use. To put it in other words, many of the other Emacs modes function without any specific customizations, but org-mode is hardly functional without your own tags, remember template definitions, agenda file lists etc. In that sense, the customization data is more closely linked to the actual org-files than than the specific instance of Emacs on a particular system, and therefore it would be logical to have it in a separate file. Hope I made my point this time... Harri K.