On 7 Feb 2022, at 10:59, Max Nikulin wrote: > Robert, > > Thank you for pointing out that `org-link-mailto-program' should not > be recommended in FAQ any more. > > I prepared an alternative patch that recommends to customize Emacs > variables at first. I hope, an example is safer now, however I can not > test it on MacOS. Could you, please, review the patch, since I may > miss something important from your point of view? > > On 07/01/2022 18:03, Max Nikulin wrote: >> On 07/01/2022 01:34, Robert Goldman wrote: >>> >>> +You can also change the function used to a different one.  For >>> +example, the following function (on MacOS) opens =mailto:= links in >>> +the =MailMate= program: > > I am unsure if MailMate is acceptable since it is a proprietary > application. Org is a part of *GNU* Emacs, so it may be better to > mention some free mail user agent. > >>> +#+begin_src elisp >>> +("mailto" :follow >>     ^ >> It seems, `org-link-set-parameters' is missed. > > I am sorry, I missed that you suggested to customize the > `org-link-parameters' variable, so function call is not necessary > here. There are a couple of minor issues in the patch you sent (including a couple of grammatical errors), so attached is a revision. I'm afraid there are now multiple patch files. Please note that I have requested clarification at several places in the comment block. Best, R