* [bug] select TODO items and unexpected behaviour
@ 2020-06-27 21:16 Mario Frasca
From: Mario Frasca @ 2020-06-27 21:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

when I select subsequent TODO items, whole lines, and I do M-<right>,
they get demoted by one star, so something like

* header
<point>* a1
* a2
* a3
<mark>* header

after I hit M-<right> will become

* header
<point>** a1
** a2
** a3
<mark>* header

which is what I expected, even if I would not expect the region to be
deactivated.

but if I now reactivate the region, andhit S-<right> (that's
shift-right), the effect is only at the <point>, not on the selection:

* header
<point>** TODO a1
** a2
** a3
<mark>* header

I would have expected all lines to get the TODO.Same effect, if I hit
C-c C-t: only the line at the point gets the TODO status rotated.

looks like a bug to me, but I would not know where to start looking for
how to fix this.

Mario