Hi Samuel, Agree, I have started using variable pitch in org-mode and it has made it much more enjoyable. I recently documented my configuration here: http://zzamboni.org/post/beautifying-org-mode-in-emacs/ About your point (1.3), I have source blocks set to fixed-pitch by configuring the “org-block” face, works well. Best, —Diego > On 8 Apr 2018, at 21:08, Samuel Wales wrote: > > On 4/8/18, Rasmus wrote: >> I have been wanting to clean up org-faces.el for a couple of years. > > thanks. > > fwiw on variable pitch. > > i find that variable pitch reads legibly. is efficient with > horizontal space, and looks great. it also makes the mode > line short. took a few days to get used to, then it got awesome. i > will never go back. > > in my .emacs i made tables, example block contents, and > timestamps be fixed-pitch. you want those to align. > > it works great in org. > > the only issues i have found in org are: > > 1) these items do not seem to have their own face and thus > cannot yet be made to be fixed pitch: > 1) list bullets > 2) the spaces before list items and contents > 3) source block contents > 4) numbers and number components like .-,+ > 2) tags do not get aligned to the same window-pixel > 3) by default, c-c ' does not run prog-mode hooks where necessary to > turn it off. or something. trivial workaround is setting mode in the > block. so not really a problem. > > > samuel >