From: Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>
To: Philipp Raschdorff <p.raschdorff@macnews.de>
Cc: emacs-orgmode <emacs-orgmode@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: Emacs-Calendar export to iCal/vcal
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 17:50:58 +0200	[thread overview]

It just occurred to me that a possible solution may be to write the
ical file to your public HTML directory and *subscribe* iCal to it.  I
don't know the correct syntax, but there must be a way to specify a url
on the local computer.  Maybe it does not even have to be in the public
HTML folder, maybe you can subscribe to any location?  I don't know, if
anybody does, please tell us.

Disadvantage would be that this would be a read-only calendar in iCal.
However, since you would not be able to import any changes back into
org-mode anyway, maybe this is not a big problem - you can just write
to another calendar to which you own the write rights.

- Carsten