On 4/12/2024 3:30 PM, Jim Porter wrote: > On 4/12/2024 5:41 AM, Ihor Radchenko wrote: >> Jim Porter writes: >> >>> That sounds reasonable enough to me; does anyone else have opinions on >>> this? Otherwise, I'll get to work on a patch (though probably not for a >>> couple weeks). >> >> It has been a while since the last message in this thread. >> Jim, may I know if you had a chance to work on the patch? > > Sorry about that. I'm currently extremely swamped with real life, but > most of that should be wrapped up by the end of the month, at which > point I'll be able to devote some time to Emacs again. Ihor, Eli: What do you think of the attached patch? I added variables to let modes define custom providers for 'bounds-of-thing-at-point' and 'forward-thing'. (Notably, I avoided adding vars for the 'beginning-of-thing' and 'end-of-thing' functions, since those just call 'bounds-of-thing-at-point' anyway.) If this looks like a reasonable way to go, I'll continue work on this patch by adding entries to 'bounds-of-thing-at-point-provider-alist' and 'forward-thing-provider-alist' in the appropriate places (i.e. wherever we already add to 'thing-at-point-provider-alist', like in EWW).