Hi Nicolas, The first patch implements the changes. I took the liberty to show entry of its ancestors too (4 in the test case). Many users, I believe, rarely put text there, so it does not make a difference. But when someone write short notes at this location, I think it serves as brief "contextual" information for all its children, our target headline included. It may indicate the intention to include contextual information in output too, so I go with such guess. If user does not want it to be included, it is easier for him to work around (e.g., by creating a new heading and put text under), than the other way around, that is, to reveal text one by one. The second patch suggests how it can be integrated with `org-sparse-tree' in the manual. I think the new option, as the first visibility option to show subtree, would make `visible-only' option a lot more useful. Whether to include it in the manual I leave it to your consideration. Lastly I'd like to say thanks as a daily Org user, thank you for putting time in overseeing the project. Your efforts are appreciated by many :) Regards, Yiufung