Hi, I updated from 8.2.9 to 8.3.2 today and now the export has become very slow. Creating an HTML page or a LaTeX buffer used to be instantaneous but now takes up to 30 seconds. It seems that this is mostly related to file size. For example, exporting a subtree from a large notes file (~8600 lines) is very slow (11 seconds) but if I truncate the file significantly (to ~3000 lines) the export is faster (<2 seconds), and if I move the subtree to a fresh file (while still exporting the subtree only and not the file) it is again instantaneous. It also seems that the maint branch has fixed this problem somewhat, although I can’t really quantify it, but the problem persists. In the *Messages* buffer, I see a new message that hasn’t been there before: org-babel-exp process C at line 7982... org-babel-exp process C at line 7998... org-babel-exp process C at line 8024... org-babel-exp process C at line 8064... org-babel-exp process patch at line 8103... org-babel-exp process patch at line 8119... org-babel-exp process patch at line 8132... org-babel-exp process patch at line 8148... org-babel-exp process C at line 8179... 30 unique files scanned for IDs [8 times] Curiously, after trying to debug this issue, the problem went away for one file but persists for another. I am also able to reproduce this problem with an init.el file containing only: ;; use own Org-mode installation (setq load-path (cons "~/unix/src/org-mode/lisp" load-path)) (setq load-path (cons "~/unix/src/org-mode/contrib/lisp" load-path)) (require 'org-install) (require 'org) (require 'ox-html) I’m using CocoaEmacs 24.4 (9.0) installed via Homebrew on OS X 10.11.1 (El Capitan). Any idea what is causing this? Best, Viktor