* File extensions
@ 2008-07-28 22:06 Mike Newman
From: Mike Newman @ 2008-07-28 22:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

I have successfully used Org mode for about 2 years, all ways using .txt
as a file extension (in part, so that my colleagues would not be
frightened from looking at what are essentially plain text files).

This has caused very few problems.  However, I note that in
org-iswitchb the list of buffers presented is based on the file
extension ".org".  Would it make sense (or be possible) to list those
buffers that are in org-mode (regardless of file extension)?

--
Mike Newman

* Re: File extensions
@ 2008-07-29  0:06 ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2008-07-29  0:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mike Newman; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

Hi Mike,

yes, it is less than optimal to base the selection on buffer names.
If you get the newest git version, this has now been changed.
Selection is now based on the major mode.

- Carsten