Hi Thomas, I think this has been fixed today with http://orgmode.org/w/org-mode.git?p=org-mode.git;a=commit;h=2c38c3acc0b5d1cb3bb26f45829d711bb6f4009c Could you please check if this is correct? Thank you. - Carsten On 5.8.2013, at 23:58, Thomas Koch wrote: > Hi, > > I tested org-attach with the org file being inside a git repo. I observed that > the auto-commit feature of org-attach seems to work only if the data directory > is the root of a git repo (detected by looking for a .git folder in the data > folder). > > I'd like however to have the org file in the git repo too and the data folder > being a sub-folder of the git repo. Actually I'd also like to use git-annex > here. > > Some options of git rev-parse might be helpful here instead of coding the repo > detection check by hand in elisp: > > --show-toplevel > Show the absolute path of the top-level directory. > > --is-inside-work-tree > When the current working directory is inside the work tree of the > repository print "true", otherwise "false". > > What do you think? > > Regards, > > Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro >