From: Carsten Dominik <carsten.dominik@gmail.com>
To: Daniel Clemente <n142857@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: How to fold a footer
Date: Wed, 15 Apr 2009 09:13:27 +0200	[thread overview]

On Apr 14, 2009, at 12:54 AM, Daniel Clemente wrote:

> Hi, this is a minor issue. I'd like three sections and a footer:
>

> * Section 1
> 111
> * Section 2
> 222
> * Section 3
> 333
>
> -------
> Footer
>

>  However, the footer appears as part of section 3, and it is hidden
> in the outline view (you don't know there will be a footer until you
> expand section 3).
>  If I add a new section, „* Footer“, then this heading will be
> exported; this is also not nice.
>
>  Is there some trick to add a footer at the end?
>
>  (I think org-publish can add footers, but I would prefer a solution
> inside the same file; something like #+TEXT: but for footers).

There is not built-in way to do this, no.  All the text at the end
becomes part of the last section, you will see this when you look at
the exported HTML.

You could modify the variable org-export-html-postamble, but that will
be placed after the author/creator information.

If you example above does the right thing for your export needs, then
you could invent your own heading for a footer and use one of the
preprocessor hooks to find and remove that headline.  But formally
(i.e. HTML structurally), this text will then belong to the last
section before it.

HTH

- Carsten