On 17.9.2013, at 08:01, Matt Price wrote: > On Tue, Sep 17, 2013 at 12:42 AM, Matt Price wrote: >> On Tue, Sep 3, 2013 at 5:12 AM, Achim Gratz wrote: >>> >>> Or you could leave it in and see who complains. The instances where >>> xdg-open doesn't work or is not correctly configured will probably be in >>> multi-user / corporate environments where it is unlikely that the newest Org >>> or Emacs is installed anyway. >> >> Hi, >> >> I'm running today's org with a recent emacs-snapshot in a single-user >> linux environment (ubuntu 13.04). >> >> xdg-open xxx.html works fine when run from the command line, but from >> inside org-mode it seems to fail to run In particular, html, odt and >> pdf documents no longer seem to open from the export menu, even though >> the log in *Messages* reports that the relevant command >> ("xdg-open-my-org-file.html") has been run. Is there anyone else who has tried the xgd-open way to follow links with Org? Cheers - Carsten >> >> Can I help diagnose this? toggle-debug-on-error doesn't give me any extra info. >> > > > hmm, it looks like xdg-open isn't the culprit -- no matter what I set > in org-file-apps, the command doesn't seem to run. >> Thanks! >> Matt >