I’ll investigate further... > On Apr 27, 2020, at 3:00 AM, Nicolas Goaziou wrote: > > Hello, > > Richard Stanton > writes: > >> When using org mode (9.3.6), I’ve noticed that putting parentheses >> into a section title seems to change the font used to display the >> title on the screen. So, for example, on my machine >> >> * Heading >> >> displays in a red font. >> >> If I add something in parentheses, e.g., >> >> * Heading (with parentheses) >> >> the title now displays in grey. As I’m typing, the font change occurs the moment I type the first character after the open parenthesis. >> >> The behavior is similar for lower level headers too. Is this >> deliberate? And if so, is there a way to put parentheses into section >> titles without interfering with the display font? > > I cannot reproduce it. Is there something in your config? > > Regards, > > -- > Nicolas Goaziou