* disable org-replace-disputed-keys for org-read-date
@ 2013-05-15  9:37 Miro Bezjak
From: Miro Bezjak @ 2013-05-15  9:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi all,

for orgmode 7.9.x I had the following defadvice.

----
(defadvice org-read-date (around my-no-disputed-keys activate)
  "Ignore org-replace-disputed-keys when calendar is active."
  (let ((org-replace-disputed-keys nil))
    ad-do-it))
----

Contrary to the `org-replace-disputed-keys' documentation (only being
relevant at load-time), the advice worked because in 7.9.x `org-read-date'
used `org-defkey' to add the relevant keybindings each time it was called.

In 8.0.x, this advice no longer works since
`org-read-date-minibuffer-local-map' is being used.

Basically, I'm trying to use windmove keys, but not when I'm entering dates
through calendar. In calendar, shift + arrow keys are really handy and
calendar is not active for a long time.

Does anyone have any suggestion how I can achieve that in 8.0.x without
patching org.el?

Should I make a patch to introduce defcustom that will ignore disputed keys
while setting up `org-read-date-minibuffer-local-map'? Anyone else
interested in this besides me?

Kind Regards,
Miro