Gotcha, yeah I only use priority 1 through 5 with a kind of "Getting Things Done" mentality to file things away in their right place. I don't like using letters unfortunately, but thanks for this potential workaround in that case. Clearing priorities with a space and enter doesn't work though, and I believe this is a bug. On Thu, May 27, 2021, at 1:26 AM, Tim Cross wrote: > > Not sure how easy it would be to restore the previous behaviour. I guess > if you restricted numerical priorities to 0 .. 9 it would be reasonably > easy as you only need to check for a single key press. However, once you > go above 9 and have the situation where the value could be more than a > single key press, you have no way to know when input is finished. > > It should be noted that the old behaviour using letters for priorities > still works (as does clearing wiht a space). Personally, I've always > been happy with just letters and 3 priorities. I find once you go past > about 3 or 4, priorities don't have a lot of value. YMMV of course. > > "Samuel Banya" > writes: > > > Thanks for confirming this as I didn't know if it was my config or something. > > > > I'd like to add if possible, if there would the ability to restore the previously functionality of being able to just hit a number from 1 to 9 to set the priority > > of a task as well. > > > > Didn't want to conflate things too much, but it would be great if there was a config option around this before I would have to make a workaround in Elisp > > instead. > > > > On Thu, May 27, 2021, at 4:05 AM, Tim Cross wrote: > > > > Confirmed > > > > I can reproduce this in org 9.4.6, Emacs 27.2. Bug confirmed. > > > > "Samuel Banya" > writes: > > > > > Hello there, > > > > > > I noticed a weird bug within Emacs Org Mode as I use it often for my TODO lists for both personal use and for work. > > > > > > I noticed that if you hit "C-c ," you are prompted nowadays to enter a number from like 1 to whatever your highest priority was set to, and that > > you have > > > to enter in the number and THEN press enter. > > > > > > This behavior on a side note is a little annoying since I usually only use priorities 1 through 5, and don't want to have to hit enter each time. I kind > > of wish > > > I could just go back to just hitting '1' or '5' and moving on. But, I understand this was to make the ceiling of the highest priority be like 65 or > > something > > > like that, so I understand why this was included. > > > > > > My main point is that the "SPC to remove" option doesn't actually work. > > > > > > If you try doing "C-c ," then hit Space, and then press Enter, the priority of the task still remains the same. > > > > > > Workaround: > > > I've had to manually delete the priority number as a workaround which is a bit annoying. > > > I've used F3 as a on-the-fly macro to quickly do this across multiple todo list items as well. > > > However, it does feel a little awkward having to do this, so I'm wondering if anyone has encountered this as well. > > > > > > Thanks, > > > > > > Sam > > > > -- > > Tim Cross > > > -- > Tim Cross > >