* convert a org table to plain text
@ 2020-08-25 19:44 Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2020-08-25 19:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hi

What is the inverse function to
org-table-convert-region?

I am unable to find anything in the documentation or google.

Regards

We Brauer

* Re: convert a org table to plain text
@ 2020-08-25 20:19 ` Peter Neilson
From: Peter Neilson @ 2020-08-25 20:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Tue, 25 Aug 2020 15:44:30 -0400, Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:

> Hi
>
> What is the inverse function to
> org-table-convert-region?
>
> I am unable to find anything in the documentation or google.
>
> Regards
>
> We Brauer

I tried M-x table-release as suggested by the documentation and did not
get anything.

* Re: convert a org table to plain text
@ 2020-08-25 21:57 ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2020-08-25 21:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Hi
>
> What is the inverse function to
> org-table-convert-region?
>
> I am unable to find anything in the documentation or google.
>
> Regards
>
> We Brauer

Does this:

    https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17717483/howto-convert-org-mode-table-to-original-tabbed-format/17726489#17726489

help?

--
Nick

"There are only two hard problems in computer science: cache
invalidation, naming things, and off-by-one errors." -Martin Fowler

* Re: convert a org table to plain text
@ 2020-08-26  6:42   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2020-08-26  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

> Does this:

>     https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17717483/howto-convert-org-mode-table-to-original-tabbed-format/17726489#17726489

Yes, very much so. It would be great to have that code included in
orgmode. Did anybody try to contact the author?

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: convert a org table to plain text
@ 2020-08-26  6:44   ` Uwe Brauer
From: Uwe Brauer @ 2020-08-26  6:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>>> "PN" == Peter Neilson <neilson@windstream.net> writes:

> On Tue, 25 Aug 2020 15:44:30 -0400, Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> wrote:
>>
>> Hi
>>
>> What is the inverse function to
>> org-table-convert-region?
>>
>> I am unable to find anything in the documentation or google.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> We Brauer

> I tried M-x table-release as suggested by the documentation and did
> not get anything.

I tried this also, but this is for table.el not for orgmode table. They
have, unfortunately, a slightly different format.

Would be great to merge these two but I presume this would imply quite a
bit of work.

[-- Attachment #2: smime.p7s --]

* Re: convert a org table to plain text
@ 2020-08-26 13:17     ` Nick Dokos
From: Nick Dokos @ 2020-08-26 13:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:

>> Uwe Brauer <oub@mat.ucm.es> writes:
>
>> Does this:
>
>>     https://stackoverflow.com/questions/17717483/howto-convert-org-mode-table-to-original-tabbed-format/17726489#17726489
>

> Yes, very much so. It would be great to have that code included in
> orgmode. Did anybody try to contact the author?

You mean orgtbl-to-tsv and related? All of that *is* part of Org mode. All you have to do is write a code block calling it
to convert.

--

@ 2020-08-26 14:35       ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2020-08-26 14:35 UTC (permalink / raw)