From: Martin Leduc <ldcmrtn@gmail.com>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: MobileOrg: index.org links files to the wrong folder
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 23:21:56 -0400	[thread overview]

Hi,

I really enjoy the MobileOrg project. However, since some time, I cannot
access my org files anymore from my iPhone (I see the file names, but
nodes are empty). After some search, I found that the links made in the
index.org point relatively to the org-directory while they are supposed
(if I'm understanding correctly) to point to the org files in the same
directory as the index.org (that is in org-mobile-directory). My emacs
configuration is the following:

(setq org-directory "~/Dropbox/env/org-mode-files")
(setq org-mobile-inbox-for-pull "~/Dropbox/env/org-mode-files/flagged.org")
(setq org-mobile-directory "~/Dropbox/Apps/MobileOrg")
(setq org-mobile-files '("~/org-mode-files/test.org"))

The generated index.org file in MobileOrg/ looks like:

#+READONLY
#+TODO: TODO
#+TODO: NEXT WAITING SOMEDAY |
#+TAGS: @HOME WORK EMAIL CALL READ ERRAND AGENDAS
#+ALLPRIORITIES: A B C
* [[file:agendas.org][Agenda Views]]
* [[file:~/org-mode-files/test.org][test.org]]

The test.org file cannot be read from my iPhone since only the
org-mobile-directory is accessible to it.

I cannot see from the code or my configuration what causes this
behavior, but if I'm going back to this specific commit:

commit 74d3bd484fc0c79fd51302922c0eee8c3042fe14
Author: Nicolas Goaziou <mail@nicolasgoaziou.fr>
Date:   Sun Apr 17 17:00:14 2016 +0200

the org-mobile-push now creates the index.org correctly with the last
line as follows :

* [[file:test.org][test.org]]

So I see three possibilities: (1) I need to use a different emacs
configuration since this commit, (2) there is some bug in the code or
(3) I missed an important detail.

Thank you in advance for helping,

Martin