On Fri, 20 Jul 2007 17:08:33 +0100 Adam Spiers wrote: as> Funnily enough, I implemented exactly this idea about 15 months as> ago, except that my implementation uses mairix (the mail indexer), as> and is mode-agnostic. Thanks a lot, this is most interesting and put me on the right track. Combining your work with that of Guy Hillenius, which he blogged at http://www.hillenius.net/node/44 I integrated Gnus, Mairix & Org now. The core is a patch for org.el -- this patch is still somewhat primitive, but should not break anything and unless the new variables are changed will not change standard behaviour: