From: joakim@verona.se
To: Burton Samograd <burton@samograd.ca>
Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org, emacs-orgmode@gnu.org, emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Emacs user conference
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 07:43:59 +0100	[thread overview]

Burton Samograd <burton@samograd.ca> writes:

> Ivan Kanis <ivan.kanis@googlemail.com> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> A user emacs conference would consist of talks of about an hour. I think
>> a week end should be sufficient. If we don't have enough talks we can
>> split workshops in smaller group on a given topic.
>>
>> They are plenty of talk proposals listed on this web site.
>>
>> http://emacsconf.herokuapp.com/>
>> I can give a talk on GTD with org mode.
>>
>> And since we are speaking of GTD, what need to happens next for this
>> event to happen?
>
> What city/country/continent are you thinking of holding it?

I think this would be very interesting!

I think the original idea was to host the conference in London, but if
this doesnt manifest, my previous proposal to host the conference at my
company offices in Stockholm still stands:

http://emacsconf.herokuapp.com/proposals/40

,----
| LOCATION PROPOSAL: STOCKHOLM
| by joakim verona
| votes: 0
| I can likely provide a location free of charge, our company office. Its located in Stockholm, here: http://www.it-huset.se/kontakt/karta/ A weekend would be best.
`----

I can (likely) provide beverages and snacks free of charge as well.

--
Joakim Verona