On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 12:04:52 +0200 Bastien wrote: b> I think there is another solution: b> 1. Make C-c l (org-store-link) store message-id so that b> org-insert-link will insert something like: b> [[gnus:nnml:mail.compas#<8c930aea07071...@server>][Message b> description] b> intead of the current format: b> [[gnus:nnml:mail.compas#2306][Message description]] Yes, this would also solve the problem. I guess that this will also require an update of the follow link function in Org? If I try to add a link with message ID such as the one above by hand, I cannot follow it (it seems to try to interpret the message ID as article number in the group). Since I know which group I am asking to move things to, being able to link to the message ID directly would definitely solve the problem, and maybe even more elegantly, as it should be robust against resorting the mail group. Regards, Georg -- Georg C. F. Greve Free Software Foundation Europe (http://fsfeurope.org) Join the Fellowship and protect your freedom! (http://www.fsfe.org) What everyone should know about DRM (http://DRM.info)