* Suppressing DONE notes per-item?
@ 2011-10-04 17:24 Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2011-10-04 17:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

I have a number of repeating items (habits especially) where it's very
very rare that I have anything to say upon completion.  I'd like to
suppress Org's prompt for a DONE note on those items.  Is that possible
somehow?

TIA,

--
Dave Abrahams
BoostPro Computing

* Re: Suppressing DONE notes per-item?
@ 2011-10-04 17:32 ` John Rakestraw
From: John Rakestraw @ 2011-10-04 17:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode; +Cc: Dave Abrahams

Hi, Dave --

On Tue, 04 Oct 2011, Dave Abrahams wrote:
> I have a number of repeating items (habits especially) where it's very
> very rare that I have anything to say upon completion.  I'd like to
> suppress Org's prompt for a DONE note on those items.  Is that possible
> somehow?

From the doc string for org-log-done:

You can have local logging settings for a subtree by setting the LOGGING
property to one or more of these keywords.

John Rakestraw

* Re: Suppressing DONE notes per-item?
@ 2011-10-04 17:38   ` Dave Abrahams
From: Dave Abrahams @ 2011-10-04 17:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Rakestraw; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

on Tue Oct 04 2011, John Rakestraw <lists-AT-johnrakestraw.com> wrote:

> Hi, Dave --
>
> On Tue, 04 Oct 2011, Dave Abrahams wrote:
>> I have a number of repeating items (habits especially) where it's very
>> very rare that I have anything to say upon completion.  I'd like to
>> suppress Org's prompt for a DONE note on those items.  Is that possible
>> somehow?
>
> From the doc string for org-log-done:
> You can have local logging settings for a subtree by setting the LOGGING
> property to one or more of these keywords.

NICE!  Thank you!

--

@ 2011-10-04 18:16 ` Jambunathan K
From: Jambunathan K @ 2011-10-04 18:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Dave Abrahams; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Dave Abrahams <dave@boostpro.com> writes:

> I have a number of repeating items (habits especially) where it's very
> very rare that I have anything to say upon completion.  I'd like to
> suppress Org's prompt for a DONE note on those items.  Is that possible
> somehow?

You are not look at the docstring when it is willing to come to rescue.

C-h v org-log-done RET

ps: Since you intend to take to Org seriously, take some time to look at
the manual, docstring, mailing-list before firing any more questions.

@ 2011-10-04 19:07     ` John Wiegley
From: John Wiegley @ 2011-10-04 19:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

>> From the doc string for org-log-done: You can have local logging settings
>> for a subtree by setting the LOGGING property to one or more of these
>> keywords.

> NICE!  Thank you!

Just be aware that for Habits, you need to set it to "logdone", because
although a note is not needed, the historical log entry is.

John