On Wed, 18 Jul 2007 13:55:30 +0200 Tassilo Horn wrote: >> Although I think the function supports moving several marked >> articles, so the return value should technically be a list. th> As far as I can see it can only move several articles to exactly th> one group. Yes, exactly. >> If you could do that and submit it back to Gnus, that would be >> great. th> I just found out that this is not needed. You can use the th> `gnus-summary-article-move-hook'. Each function of that hook will th> be run with the arguments th> - action: move/copy/respool/crosspost th> - Some data vector, dunno its use... th> - original group th> - destination group th> - select method th> So you could write a delegate function that first add-hooks a th> function that sets a custom variable to the destination group. Then th> it calls `gnus-summary-move-article'. When that returns you can th> create the org-link and remove the function from the hook again. I think I don't quite understand how this solves the problem. This sounds like I should set the target group dynamically in the hook when moving the article. But I can determine the group simply by calling (gnus-summary-move-article nil "") So I know which group the articles end up in, but I don't know which article number they got in that group -- but that is the basic prerequisite to be able to link to them. I'm sorry to ask a question that may be stupid, but how would I get the article number(s) of the message(s) that have been moved by doing the above? Regards, Georg -- Georg C. F. Greve Free Software Foundation Europe (http://fsfeurope.org) Join the Fellowship and protect your freedom! (http://www.fsfe.org) What everyone should know about DRM (http://DRM.info)