On Thu, 19 Jul 2007 00:06:04 +0200 Bastien wrote: >> But doesn't this require for the article to be in the registry, still? b> Yes it does. That means the registry would not solve my problem, really. Sometimes I'll keep mails "task storage" for weeks, and also like to refer to emails for archival purposes in some cases. b> Beyond this number I suppose it makes more sense to use the nnir.el b> interface. It might make sense to have the chance to save searches as URLs in Org for various things. For the problem at hand it seems inelegant, though, as it is too reliant on a rather complex and cpu hungry indexing system. I'd prefer things leaner. b> Yet another solution would be to have an Org registry. Yes. But there might be another solution, too. Ultimately, the problem is caused by the Gnus backend not reporting where it stored the article. So instead of doing a search every time one tries to access the mail, one might do a search during storing time. This could work by hooking a routine into gnus-summary-article-move-hook that would record the message IDs of the articles moved into a temporary list. After gnus-summary-move-article returns, the list is parsed for the message IDs and the target group is searched for those IDs. The resulting URLs are then saved into the Org link storage. This would make up a "org-gnus-move-and-link-article" routine, which could then be called directly or in the customisation that has been posted to this list some time ago. What do you think? Regards, Georg -- Georg C. F. Greve Free Software Foundation Europe (http://fsfeurope.org) Join the Fellowship and protect your freedom! (http://www.fsfe.org) What everyone should know about DRM (http://DRM.info)