* ical2org release
@ 2018-03-25 21:34 Robert Horn
From: Robert Horn @ 2018-03-25 21:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: org-mode

It's been over a week without problems, so ical2org is released at 1.0

It is a go command line program that is suitable for importing bulk Ical (.ics)
records, Ical attached to emails, and fetching Ical from google.  They
are converted into an org structured file.

Details are at https://github.com/rjhorniii/ical2org-go

The primary problem remaining is one that cannot easily be solved.
There are many sources of appointments.  They do not all implement Ical
the same way.  They do not all handle time zones the same way.  The
strategy that I used is based on the most common behavior that I've
revceived.  It does not alway work right in applying the right time to an
event.

An example of my mu4e integration and systemd integration for google
synchronization is also documented.

--
Robert Horn
rjhorniii@gmail.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2018-03-25 21:34 UTC | newest]