* Changing TODO status on non-current date
@ 2015-05-04  7:47 Marcin Borkowski
From: Marcin Borkowski @ 2015-05-04  7:47 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi all,

assume that I have a habit (or other TODO headline where the /date/ of
converting to DONE is important), and I completed it, say, at 23:30 and
forgot to change the status immediately.  Is there any way to tell Org
that the change was not today, but e.g. yesterday or two days ago etc.?
This is especially important with habits, since the date information is
then recorded in two places, so changing it manually is a nuisance.

I assume that what I'm after could be done with advice and cl-letf-ing
current-time and/or current-time-string, but I'm wondering whether
someone has it solved already.  OTOH, org-todo already has a bunch of
prefix argument options (up to triple C-u), so I'd have either to resort
to /quadruple/ C-u (not good UI) or something else completely - any
ideas?  Maybe a /negative/ argument, or just C-- C-c C-t?  (Of course,
I'd also need doing this from the agenda, so org-agenda-todo might also
need some tweaking.)

TIA,

--
Marcin Borkowski
Adam Mickiewicz University

* Re: Changing TODO status on non-current date
@ 2015-05-04 13:24 ` Dave Marquardt
From: Dave Marquardt @ 2015-05-04 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

> assume that I have a habit (or other TODO headline where the /date/ of
> converting to DONE is important), and I completed it, say, at 23:30 and
> forgot to change the status immediately.  Is there any way to tell Org
> that the change was not today, but e.g. yesterday or two days ago etc.?
> This is especially important with habits, since the date information is
> then recorded in two places, so changing it manually is a nuisance.

Yeah, I run into this frequently.  It's almost a habit with me :)  I
haven't looked for a solution, and usually just go edit things by hand,
which is error prone.

-DAve

* Re: Changing TODO status on non-current date
@ 2015-05-08  1:34 ` Peter Ley
From: Peter Ley @ 2015-05-08  1:34 UTC (permalink / raw)

I'd love to see something like this. I've been thinking about trying for
some time but haven't gotten around to it. I have no luck with the
mobileorg apps on Android, so I sometimes mark things that have a
context out of the house done on my phone and update org-mode later when
I get home, but then the log doesn't record it correctly, and as you
say, it doesn't work for habits if it's off by a day.