into the .emacs.el. When calling remember, I get what I expect in terms of being able to edit a note. But when trying to save an additional NEXT action into one of the existing files, it always wants to overwrite the file with the exact contents of the editing buffer. Is this a known problem? Is there something I should look out for? Regards, Georg -- Georg C. F. Greve Free Software Foundation Europe (http://fsfeurope.org) Join the Fellowship and protect your freedom! (http://www.fsfe.org) What everyone should know about DRM (http://DRM.info)