From: Lawrence Mitchell <wence@gmx.li>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Re: [bug] latex export ignores org-export-latex-default-packages-alist?
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 16:01:52 +0000	[thread overview]

Eric S Fraga wrote:

> I need to use the amsmath package for a paper I am writing.  This
> conflicts, unfortunately, with the wasysym package which is loaded by
> default in the org-latex exporter.

> Checking the documentation for org-export-latex-classes, I find:

> ,----
> | - Calls to \usepackage for all packages mentioned in the variables
> |   `org-export-latex-default-packages-alist' and
> |   `org-export-latex-packages-alist'.  Thus, your header definitions should
> |   avoid to also request these packages.
> `----

> I then checked out the first of these lists and customised it (first, by
> hand, then by emacs's own customisation method) to turn off the
> inclusion of wasysym.  The value of the variable, upon restarting emacs
> just to make sure, is:

[...]

> If SNIPPET-FLAG is t, the package also needs to be included when
> compiling LaTeX snippets into images for inclusion into HTML.

You've set SNIPPET-FLAG to nil for wasysym, but this means
that wasysym will not be included for compiling latex snippets.
When producing the whole document it will still be included.

To use wasysym along with amsmath, you need to pass the
"integrals" option to wasysym.

To do this, customize the options list of the wasysym entry to be
 ("integrals" "wasysym" t)

rather than
 ("" "wasysym" t)

This is what I do to use amsmath in Org exports:

| (add-to-list 'org-export-latex-packages-alist '("" "amsmath" t))
| (setcar (rassoc '("wasysym" t) org-export-latex-default-packages-alist)
|         "integrals")

The latter has to be done after loading org-latex.

[...]

Cheers,
Lawrence