* org-mairix.el, version 0.3
@ 2007-09-27 10:58 Georg C. F. Greve
From: Georg C. F. Greve @ 2007-09-27 10:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

[-- Attachment #1.1.1: Type: text/plain, Size: 471 bytes --]

Hi all,

below is version 0.3 of org-mairix.el, thanks to the input of Bastien,
this should be somewhat clean. It seems stable for me now. It would be
great to see more MUAs and other backends added.

CAUTION: The link encoding has changed another, last, I hope time!

One of the most useful features of this, imho, is to have NEXT actions
now where you get the entire thread in one group and automatically enter
it at the email referenced in the link.

Regards,
Georg

[-- Attachment #1.1.2: org-mairix.el --]

[-- Attachment #1.1.3: Type: text/plain, Size: 299 bytes --]

--
Georg C. F. Greve                                 <greve@fsfeurope.org>
Free Software Foundation Europe	                 (http://fsfeurope.org)

[-- Attachment #1.2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 306 bytes --]

* Re: org-mairix.el, version 0.3
@ 2007-09-27 13:22 ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2007-09-27 13:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

"Georg C. F. Greve" <greve@fsfeurope.org> writes:

> below is version 0.3 of org-mairix.el, thanks to the input of Bastien,
> this should be somewhat clean. It seems stable for me now. It would be
> great to see more MUAs and other backends added.
>
> CAUTION: The link encoding has changed another, last, I hope time!
>
> One of the most useful features of this, imho, is to have NEXT actions
> now where you get the entire thread in one group and automatically enter
> it at the email referenced in the link.

Is it possible to use mairix with Gnus and an IMAP server to look up
mail by message id or does it only work for local mail?  All of my
(copious) mail lives on my IMAP server only since I access it from
multiple systems.

Thanks,
Bernt

* Re: Re: org-mairix.el, version 0.3
@ 2007-09-27 14:27   ` Georg C. F. Greve
From: Georg C. F. Greve @ 2007-09-27 14:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bernt Hansen; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:22:18 -0400
Bernt Hansen <bernt@alumni.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:

 bh> Is it possible to use mairix with Gnus and an IMAP server to look
 bh> up mail by message id or does it only work for local mail?  All of
 bh> my (copious) mail lives on my IMAP server only since I access it
 bh> from multiple systems.

Mairix only supports local mail, AFAIK.

Regards,
Georg

--

@ 2007-09-28 13:36     ` Jason F. McBrayer
From: Jason F. McBrayer @ 2007-09-28 13:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Georg C. F. Greve; +Cc: Bernt Hansen, emacs-orgmode

"Georg C. F. Greve" <greve@fsfeurope.org> writes:

> On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:22:18 -0400
> Bernt Hansen <bernt@alumni.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
>
>  bh> Is it possible to use mairix with Gnus and an IMAP server to look
>  bh> up mail by message id or does it only work for local mail?  All of
>  bh> my (copious) mail lives on my IMAP server only since I access it
>  bh> from multiple systems.
>
> Mairix only supports local mail, AFAIK.

I'm in the same boat.  I /think/ there are games you can play to get
to your nnimap groups from mairix with Gnus, but they basically depend
on you running Gnus on the same machine your IMAP server is running
on.  I never got this to work, and it wouldn't have been a complete
solution anyway.

I would /like/ to write an nnir link type for org, so that we can at
least use IMAP searching for resolving links to articles.
Unfortunately, my attempts so far have foundered upon the rocks of
nnir requiring the groups to be searched to be marked in the Gnus
Group buffer.

| Jason F. McBrayer                    jmcbray@carcosa.net  |
| If someone conquers a thousand times a thousand others in |
| battle, and someone else conquers himself, the latter one |
| is the greatest of all conquerors.  --- The Dhammapada    |

* Re: Re: org-mairix.el, version 0.3
@ 2007-10-29 15:34     ` Adam Spiers
From: Adam Spiers @ 2007-10-29 15:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

(sorry for very late reply to this thread!)

On Thu, Sep 27, 2007 at 04:27:05PM +0200, Georg C. F. Greve wrote:
> On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 09:22:18 -0400
> Bernt Hansen <bernt@alumni.uwaterloo.ca> wrote:
>
>  bh> Is it possible to use mairix with Gnus and an IMAP server to look
>  bh> up mail by message id or does it only work for local mail?  All of
>  bh> my (copious) mail lives on my IMAP server only since I access it
>  bh> from multiple systems.
>
> Mairix only supports local mail, AFAIK.

True, but you can couple it with offlineimap:

  http://software.complete.org/offlineimap

then you get a local copy which you can point mairix at.  Works great
for me.