* org-publish v1.71
@ 2006-06-08 20:09 David O'Toole
From: David O'Toole @ 2006-06-08 20:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Bugfix release. Should now allow absolute filenames in the :include
directive.

[-- Attachment #2: Type: message/rfc822, Size: 4969 bytes --]

From: Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>
To: "David O'Toole" <dto@gnu.org>
Subject: Re: [Emacs-orgmode] Re: [David O'Toole] Fwd: Re: org-publish future ?
Date: Wed, 7 Jun 2006 18:12:21 +0200

Hi David,

you can use

(setq allfiles (cons (expand-file-name inc dir) allfiles))

which will cover both absolute and relative file names.

Thanks!

- Carsten

On Jun 7, 2006, at 17:25, David O'Toole wrote:

> I will look into this and get back to you.
>
> "Chris wallace" <crassshed@gmail.com> writes:

>>> I think you can already use the :include parameter to do this - at
>>> least I hope that you can give absolute path names there.  If not, i
>>> would consider this a bug.
>>

>> So either this is a bug or I'm mis-using the :include parameter.  I
>> have
>> org-publish-project-alist set as follows:
>>
>> org-publish-project-alist is a variable defined in `org-publish.el'.
>> Its value is
>> (("bright" :base-directory "~/bright"
>>  :base-extension "org"
>>  :include ("/home/chris/bright/chr5/cng/Readme.org"
>> "/home/chris/bright/chr5/phase2/Readme.org")
>>  :publishing-directory "~/public_html/org"
>>  :with-section-numbers nil
>>  :table-of-contents t
>>  :style "<link rel=stylesheet href=\"/~chris/styles/wiki-style.css\"
>> type=\"text/css\">"))
>>
>> When I do M-x org-publish bright the *.org files in ~/bright are
>> published,
>> but the included files are not.  I also tried with filenames relative
>> ~/public/org; same result.  How should I be setting :include?
>>
>> This is with org v. 4.36, org-publish v. 1.70, emacs v. 22.0.50.2
>>
>> Chris.
>>

>> - Carsten

> David O'Toole -- Independent Consultant
> dto@gnu.org

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403
NL-1098SJ Amsterdam
phone: +31 20 525 7477

David O'Toole -- Independent Consultant
dto@gnu.org

* Re: org-publish v1.71
@ 2006-06-09  9:16 ` Chris wallace
From: Chris wallace @ 2006-06-09  9:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: David O'Toole; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 08/06/06, David O'Toole <dto@gnu.org> wrote:

> Bugfix release. Should now allow absolute filenames in the :include
> directive.

Thanks.  It works.  Just one more request, so I can use this with my files
spread across many directories.

When I have

(setq org-publish-project-alist
      (list
       '("bright" . (:base-directory "~/bright"
             :base-extension "org"
             :include ("/home/chris/bright/chr5/cng/Readme.org"
"/home/chris/bright/chr5/phase2/Readme.org")
             :publishing-directory "~/public_html/org"))))

The two Readme.org files both get published as
~/public_html/org/Readme.org.  I would really like them to be
~/public_html/org/chr5_cng_Readme.html and
~/public_html/org/chr5_phase2_Readme.org.  Ie with the directory relative to
:base-directory included in the file name.  Is this possible?

My working situation is that under project bright, important directories
have a Readme.org file containing notes relating to that sub-directory.
It's handy for writing the notes for the filename to always be Readme.org,
but less handy for publishing so that my colleagues can see where I'm up to.

Thanks, Chris.

* Re: org-publish v1.71
@ 2006-06-10 15:44   ` David O'Toole
From: David O'Toole @ 2006-06-10 15:44 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris wallace; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Tranforming the filenames/paths during publishing is a nontrivial
problem. This would require changes to both org-publish and org
itself. One way of solving it would be to pass an association list
mapping input filenames to output filenames, this would let you bypass
the normal :publishing-directory setting and set things on a per-file
basis.

Carsten, what do you think?