Aaron Ecay writes: > Hi Rainer, > > This patch looks very promising. (I have not had a chance to test the > implementation yet). Thanks - please let me know as soon as you tested it. > One issue might be the name of the “org” variable > – maybe this should instead be “.org” or “_org” to lessen the chance of > stomping on pre-existing variables named “org” in people’s code. Agreed here. .org would be a tricky solution, because it is hidden - advantage or disadvantage? Probably a disadvantage. I will rename it to "_org_variables_" which is likely to be unique. Do you think it would be worth to have a check along the lines of if(class(_org_variables_)!="environment") { stop("_org_variables_ is already defined ") } else { ... } or to make the name user definable? A different thing which I am using at the moment is to save the environment so that it can be easily distributed along the tangled code *if all variables are defined at the beginning and not per code block*. Another option I am thinking about is to provide the possibility to store not only variables, but also R function - useful? Effectively a kind of "R package light for org-mode"? > > Thanks (also for your previous patch for handling in graphics blocks), Pleasure - Thanks that they are useful. Rainer > > -- > Aaron Ecay > > -- Rainer M. Krug email: Rainerkrugsde PGP: 0x0F52F982