* Anyone doing any fancy customizations of source blocks?
@ 2020-06-02 18:54 William Denton
From: William Denton @ 2020-06-02 18:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Is anyone doing any fancy formatting of source blocks, such as putting a line
in the left fringe, or a box around them, or having some interesting background?

I ask because I recently changed the theme I use to get the dark Solarized look
I like,[1] and all of a sudden my #+begin_src lines were underlined and
#+end_src had a line above it.  These come from org-block-begin-line and
org-block-end-line, and are shown here, but I'd never noticed them in
documentation or had them on my screen before:

https://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/babel/examples/fontify-src-code-blocks.html

Aside from fontifying the source blocks I've never done anything special about
them (except wonder how I ever did anything without them), but seeing this made
me wonder if anyone here has really customized them so they look like medieval
manuscripts or something from a futuristic video game.  (If any of that is
possible---but in Emacs, anything is possible ...)

Bill

[1] Now I'm using https://github.com/bbatsov/solarized-emacs, with variable
pitch turned off and Org headline resizing turned off.

--
William Denton :: Toronto, Canada   ---   Listening to Art: https://listeningtoart.org/
https://www.miskatonic.org/         ---   GHG.EARTH: https://ghg.earth/