* Latex export - not working - more info..
@ 2009-01-07 21:00 sergio_101
From: sergio_101 @ 2009-01-07 21:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

os: osx 10.5
GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin9.3.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0)
org-mode: Org-mode version 6.17c

i have done  the following:

removed old version (6.12-ish) of org-mode..

edited Makefile to read:

EMACS=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs

did a make on the new code..

after doing this, i am still having trouble exporting to latex..

when i exported several simple files, i get:

(New file)
Applying style hooks... done
Sorting environment...
Removing duplicates... done
Applying style hooks... done

at that point, emacs just hangs..

when i do an activity monitor, i see that emacs is pegging the cpu..
but even when i let it sit for an hour or so, no dice..

the catch is... it worked previously, and i have not added anything new..

any help would be appreciated..

thanks!

--
___
peace,

* Re: Latex export - not working - more info..
@ 2009-01-07 23:36 ` Carsten Dominik
                     ` (3 more replies)
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-07 23:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio_101; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sergio,

your example file exports fine in my setup.

Anyone else can reproduce Sergio's problem?

- Carsten

On Jan 7, 2009, at 10:00 PM, sergio_101 wrote:

> os: osx 10.5
> GNU Emacs 22.3.1 (powerpc-apple-darwin9.3.0, Carbon Version 1.6.0)
> org-mode: Org-mode version 6.17c
>
> i have done  the following:
>
> removed old version (6.12-ish) of org-mode..
>
> edited Makefile to read:
>
> EMACS=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs
>
> did a make on the new code..
>
> after doing this, i am still having trouble exporting to latex..
>
> when i exported several simple files, i get:
>
> (New file)
> Applying style hooks... done
> Sorting environment...
> Removing duplicates... done
> Applying style hooks... done
>
> at that point, emacs just hangs..
>
> when i do an activity monitor, i see that emacs is pegging the cpu..
> but even when i let it sit for an hour or so, no dice..
>
> the catch is... it worked previously, and i have not added anything
> new..
>
> any help would be appreciated..
>
> thanks!
>
> --
> ___
> peace,
> sergio
> www.village-buzz.com
> photographer, journalist, visionary

* Re: Latex export - not working - more info..
@ 2009-01-08  0:14   ` sergio_101
                     ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: sergio_101 @ 2009-01-08  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> Hi Sergio,
>
> your example file exports fine in my setup.
>
> Anyone else can reproduce Sergio's problem?

hi, carsten..

just one more thing that may be of use..

i can take any existing tex files (even really whacky ones) and produce
pdfs just fine..

* Re: Latex export - not working - more info..
@ 2009-01-08  0:39   ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-01-08  0:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:

> Hi Sergio,
>
> your example file exports fine in my setup.
>
> Anyone else can reproduce Sergio's problem?
>
> - Carsten

LaTeX export is working fine for me with Carbon Emacs (Mac OS X) and
the most recent org from the git repository.

- Matt

* Re: Latex export - not working - more info..
@ 2009-01-08  1:52     ` sergio_101
From: sergio_101 @ 2009-01-08  1:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matthew Lundin; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

hi, matt...

can you send me the relevant parts (the top) of your Makefile?

mine looks like this..

# Name of your emacs binary
EMACS=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/Emacs
# Where local software is found
prefix=/usr/local

# Where local lisp files go.
lispdir = $(prefix)/share/emacs/site-lisp

# Where info files go.
infodir = $(prefix)/share/info

thanks!

* Re: Latex export - not working - more info..
@ 2009-01-08  6:20     ` Carsten Dominik
From: Carsten Dominik @ 2009-01-08  6:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio_101; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Jan 8, 2009, at 1:14 AM, sergio_101 wrote:

> Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> writes:
>
>> Hi Sergio,
>>
>> your example file exports fine in my setup.
>>
>> Anyone else can reproduce Sergio's problem?
>
> hi, carsten..
>
> just one more thing that may be of use..
>
> i can take any existing tex files (even really whacky ones) and
> produce
> pdfs just fine..

Hi Sergio,

one thing you can do to narrow down where things go wrong is this:

Go to the "Options" menu in Emacs and turn on "Enter debugger on Quit/
C-g".  The export a LaTeX file, wait until Emacs is stuck, and then
press C-g.  The backtrace should give us information where it got
stuck.  The backtrace will be more useful if you load uncompiled
versions of Org, i.e. if the elc files are not present.

- Carsten

* Re: Latex export - not working - more info..
@ 2009-01-08  8:55   ` Giovanni Ridolfi
From: Giovanni Ridolfi @ 2009-01-08  8:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio_101, Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

--- Mer 7/1/09, Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl> ha scritto:
> Da: Carsten Dominik <dominik@science.uva.nl>
>
> Anyone else can reproduce Sergio's problem?
Hi Carsten,

I had the same problem with Emacs hanginig yesterday at home[1]

Org version 6.17c,     whereas 6.17 exported fine.
Emacs 22.2
OS: Debian unstable

[1] so, sorry, I can't provide more information

cheers,

Giovanni

* Re: Latex export - not working - more info..
                     ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2009-01-08 10:42   ` Manish
From: Manish @ 2009-01-08 10:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Carsten Dominik; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

On Thu, Jan 8, 2009 at 5:06 AM, Carsten Dominik wrote:
> Hi Sergio,
>
> your example file exports fine in my setup.
>
> Anyone else can reproduce Sergio's problem?
>
> - Carsten

I couldn't find his file to test but Org->PDF worked fine on my files
here on Emacs 22.3 and latest Org (commit: c073d51).

--
Manish

* Re: Latex export - not working - more info..
@ 2009-01-08 12:42       ` Matthew Lundin
From: Matthew Lundin @ 2009-01-08 12:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: sergio_101; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi Sergio,

The following Makefile settings work for me when installing with
Carbon Emacs:

---begin Makefile snippet---

# Name of your emacs binary
EMACS=/Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/MacOS/emacs

# Where local software is found
prefix=/usr/local

# Where local lisp files go.
lispdir = /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/site-lisp

# Where info files go.
infodir = /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/info

---end Makefile snippet---

- Matt