Ihor Radchenko writes: > Looks reasonable. Thank you for guiding me through, Ihor. I had some time today, so I pushed the envelope a bit further, hopefully in the right direction! > First of all, checking version should probably be controlled by some > customization. Especially when we export to .texi (which does not > involve calling makeinfo), not to .info. I could not figure out how to tell between the two kinds of export. My attempt, in 'org-texinfo-latex-environment': (message "filename1: %s" (plist-get info :output-file)) (message "filename2: %s" (plist-get info :texinfo-filename)) I always got the following, not matter what: filename1: test.texi filename2: nil > This customization might be set to 'auto by default, making ox-texinfo > check makeinfo version. We now set the customization to 'detect. If you think 'auto makes for a better name, for consistency or some other reason, please let me know. > Parsing version is probably the easiest way. Another alternative is > trying to run makeinfo on a small test file with math environment and > checking if it gets exported as expected. I went for the latter, see 'org-texinfo-supports-math-p' in the attached patch. Please take a look. [From the other thread:] > The problem is that people may not know this feature exists and should > be enabled. You still need to add NEWS entry (in any case) and manual > entry (if the feature should be enabled manually). I decided NOT to "chicken out", so I added just a NEWS entry, now that we attempt to auto-detect whether Texinfo supports math or not. Rudy