* Ever used org-mode contrib packages?
@ 2012-04-11 19:22 François Allisson
                   ` (5 more replies)
From: François Allisson @ 2012-04-11 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

I've just updated the index of contributed packages on Worg [1]. Have
a look, it is full of treasures...

Out of the 61 listed contributions:
- 43 are hosted on Org-mode's contrib/lisp/ directory
- 9 are hosted elsewhere
- 9 are already incorporated into the core of org-mode, but remain
  here for documentation purposes. (Well, 9 is not the right number,
  since org-babel amounts only for 1 in these stats...)

As for the documentation, 24 packages have a dedicated documentation
page on Worg (once again, 1 "tree of pages" for org-babel). Fell free
to document those you find useful.

On my side, I am only discovering the contrib/lisp directory, but have
already tested with profits org-contacts and org-mairix. I'm curious
to know what you are using from org-contrib...

All the best,
François.

[1] http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contrib/index.html

* Re: Ever used org-mode contrib packages?
@ 2012-04-11 19:35 ` suvayu ali
                   ` (4 subsequent siblings)
From: suvayu ali @ 2012-04-11 19:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: François Allisson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Hi François,

On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 21:22, François Allisson <francois@allisson.co> wrote:
> I'm curious
> to know what you are using from org-contrib...

- I use org-notmuch to link to emails from org files.
- I also use org-occur-goto for easier navigation.
- I also use org-google-weather to display weather information in my
  Agenda

--
Suvayu

* Re: Ever used org-mode contrib packages?
@ 2012-04-11 20:46   ` Martyn Jago
From: Martyn Jago @ 2012-04-11 20:46 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

suvayu ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi François,
>
> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 21:22, François Allisson <francois@allisson.co> wrote:
>> I'm curious
>> to know what you are using from org-contrib...
>
> - I use org-notmuch to link to emails from org files.
> - I also use org-occur-goto for easier navigation.
> - I also use org-google-weather to display weather information in my
>   Agenda

 - org-drill
 - org-learn

org-drill - heavily dependent on org-learn. If I had kids doing O-levels
I would surely recommend it. Invaluable for stuff you want to learn by
heart. Good documentation too.

Best, Martyn

* Re: Ever used org-mode contrib packages?
@ 2012-04-12  6:42     ` Christian Moe
From: Christian Moe @ 2012-04-12  6:42 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: emacs-orgmode

On 4/11/12 10:46 PM, Martyn Jago wrote:
> suvayu ali<fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com>  writes:
>
>> Hi François,
>>
>> On Wed, Apr 11, 2012 at 21:22, François Allisson<francois@allisson.co>  wrote:
>>> I'm curious
>>> to know what you are using from org-contrib...

- org-contacts
- org-collector (for some projects)

Yours,
Christian

* Re: Ever used org-mode contrib packages?
@ 2012-04-12 17:11       ` Bernt Hansen
From: Bernt Hansen @ 2012-04-12 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: mail; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Christian Moe <mail@christianmoe.com> writes:

> On 4/11/12 10:46 PM, Martyn Jago wrote:
>> suvayu ali<fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com>  writes:
>>
>>> Hi François,

> - org-contacts
> - org-collector (for some projects)

 - org-checklist
 - org-mime

Regards,
Bernt

* Re: Ever used org-mode contrib packages?
@ 2012-04-12 19:54 ` Mike McLean
                   ` (3 subsequent siblings)
From: Mike McLean @ 2012-04-12 19:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: François Allisson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org

On Wednesday, April 11, 2012, François Allisson wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I've just updated the index of contributed packages on Worg [1]. Have
> a look, it is full of treasures...

I use org-collector pretty extensively for meeting workflows. I use
concepts similar to Org Mode Tips for Team Management (
http://juanreyero.com/article/emacs/org-teams.html ) but without the custom
code from it. Each meeting is a level 1 head in an org file dedicated to
the team I am leading, I track meeting notes, tasks, etc. using normal
org-mode features. I have a top-level task summary header that has a few
sections that populate tables based on different criteria using
org-collector. I circulate meeting notes as a PDF export via LaTeX limited
to the task summary header and the most current meeting (using a no export
tag on past/completed meetings so that they do not export).

* Re: Ever used org-mode contrib packages?
@ 2012-04-13  5:13 ` Bastien
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Bastien @ 2012-04-13  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: François Allisson; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

François Allisson <francois@allisson.co> writes:

> On my side, I am only discovering the contrib/lisp directory, but have
> already tested with profits org-contacts and org-mairix. I'm curious
> to know what you are using from org-contrib...

I'd be curious too.

Can someone organize a poll around this?

In the meantime, let's share our experience on the list,
it's a good read.

--
 Bastien

* Re: Ever used org-mode contrib packages?
@ 2012-04-26  8:58         ` Eric Fraga
From: Eric Fraga @ 2012-04-26  8:58 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

The only one I use currently is org-mime and even then only infrequently.

However, this thread has spurred me on to have a look at org-collector
as this could prove quite useful to me!

--
: Eric S Fraga (GnuPG: 0xC89193D8FFFCF67D) in Emacs 24.1.50.1
: using Org-mode version 7.8.06 (release_7.8.06.181.g67694.dirty)

* Re: Ever used org-mode contrib packages?
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-04-26 14:11 ` Anthony Lander
From: Anthony Lander @ 2012-04-26 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: François Allisson

On 12-Apr-11, at 3:22 PM, François Allisson wrote:

> I'm curious to know what you are using from org-contrib...

I use org-babel, org-drill, and org-mac-link-grabber extensively.

 -Anthony

* Re: Ever used org-mode contrib packages?
                   ` (3 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-04-26 19:56 ` Peter Münster
From: Peter Münster @ 2012-04-26 19:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

On Wed, Apr 11 2012, François Allisson wrote:

> I'm curious to know what you are using from org-contrib...

- org-notify

--
           Peter

* Re: Ever used org-mode contrib packages?
                   ` (4 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2012-05-08 19:45 ` Marc-Oliver Ihm
From: Marc-Oliver Ihm @ 2012-05-08 19:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode

Hello,

Just fixed the broken link to org-refer-by-number.el;
hopefully this gives others a better chance to actually use it :-)

Please find its short description below.

with kind regards, Marc-Oliver Ihm

@ 2012-05-08 20:25   ` Bastien
From: Bastien @ 2012-05-08 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Marc-Oliver Ihm; +Cc: emacs-orgmode

Marc-Oliver Ihm <marc-oliver.ihm@online.de> writes:

> Just fixed the broken link to org-refer-by-number.el;

Thanks!

> hopefully this gives others a better chance to actually use it :-)

Let's give it more chances :)

  http://orgmode.org/worg/code/elisp/org-refer-by-number.el

--
 Bastien

* Re: Ever used org-mode contrib packages?
@ 2012-05-10  9:41     ` Mike McLean
From: Mike McLean @ 2012-05-10  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-orgmode Mode; +Cc: Marc-Oliver Ihm

On May 8, 2012, at 4:25 PM, Bastien wrote:

> Marc-Oliver Ihm <marc-oliver.ihm@online.de> writes:
>
>> Just fixed the broken link to org-refer-by-number.el;
>
> Thanks!
>
>> hopefully this gives others a better chance to actually use it :-)
>
> Let's give it more chances :)
>
>  http://orgmode.org/worg/code/elisp/org-refer-by-number.el

Well now, that is a pretty cool hack to org. Thank you !