josephzxu@gmail.com writes: > Hi: > > I've been trying to make candlestick plots with org-plot, and the only > way I've found that I can do this is by specifying a custom script in > the +PLOT options. However, I noticed that when I specify a script, > all other +PLOT options I specify, such as with set: or line:, are > completely ignored. I think it would be nice to allow the user to > specify plot options in the latter manner along with custom scripts > and just prepend the options to the script. This way, the user can use > a single custom script to plot multiple data tables, while being able > to set things like the title or range of the plot on a per-table > basis. That sounds like a great idea, the attached patch[1] *should* implement the prepending of options to a script as you described above. It works for me on one simple test. Please let me know if it works for you. > Alternatively, I can also imagine giving the user the ability > to hard code the exact plot commands right in the org file. > This second approach could work with "org-babel" --a library for org-mode on which I am currently working--. I hope to add gnuplot as a supported language to org-babel. Once this is done it will be possible to write gnuplot source-code blocks which can then be fed table data returning graphs for display or inclusion in org-mode files. Through the "library of babel" functionality, these gnuplot code blocks could be named, saved, and called from other org-mode files. Cheers -- Eric > > Thanks for your time. > > Joseph > > > _______________________________________________ > Emacs-orgmode mailing list > Remember: use `Reply All' to send replies to the list. > Emacs-orgmode@gnu.org > http://lists.gnu.org/mailman/listinfo/emacs-orgmode Footnotes: [1]