Hi Sebastien and Eric "Sebastien Vauban" writes: > Hi Eric and Martyn, > > Eric Schulte wrote: >> Martyn Jago writes: >>> Unfortunately this test introduces an external dependency for R (which I >>> haven't currently got on my system so fails here). Not sure if that is >>> avoidable - I have no problem installing it if not. >> >> Yes, I think we're going to have to start putting some conditional >> checks into org-test-run-all-tests so that only those code block tests >> for which the required languages exist on the user's system are run. I >> don't know the best way to handle this. > > Testing both if: > > - the language is activated (`org-babel-load-languages') > - the interpreter is found on the system (`exec-path') > > ? > > Just an idea... > I was thinking along the same lines, as a stop-gap at least... - test for feature ESS - test for R - If either are missing, 'bypass' the test but add a note to the test backtrace to that effect. - If dependencies are satisfied, run the test proper. My main problem is that my 'config-less' tests are now failing across Emacs 22, 23 and 24 (obviously), and are thus no longer particularly useful! I have included a patch that fixes things for me, but are you still confident Eric that in the short term your test will still catch the intended failure mode. I have little doubt that ultimately there will be a more satisfactory solution. Best, Martyn