On 2014-12-09 19:58, Alan Schmitt writes: > I've given it a try, and upon creation there is a backtrace (when I'm > done with the setup): > > Debugger entered--Lisp error: (wrong-type-argument integer-or-marker-p nil) > org-index--goto-list("columns-and-flags") > org-index--create-index() > org-index--create-missing-index("Variable org-index-id is not set, > so probably no index table has been created yet.") > org-index--verify-id() > org-index(nil) > call-interactively(org-index record-it) > > The table seems to be created, so I guess it's just a single occurrence > of a setup error. As a followup, org-index could not find the id after restarting emacs, so I guess the backtrace happened before it was saved. I manually added the `org-index-id' to my .emacs and it now works. I tried adding a node, and although I changed the category and keyword that were proposed to me, the node was inserted with the default ones. Is this the place to report such bugs? Thanks, Alan -- OpenPGP Key ID : 040D0A3B4ED2E5C7