From: Nathaniel Harari <natharari@neurolog.dev>
To: emacs-orgmode@gnu.org
Subject: Suggestion: Bulleted List inside Columns?
Date: Thu, 24 Oct 2019 10:06:11 +0200	[thread overview]

Hi there,

First time poster, please be gentle and don't bite my head off if I'm
doing something wrong. I just posted last night on Reddit about this and
was told that Org-Mode can't do this (which quite surprised me).

Having come from OmniOutliner for Mac, there's a very useful native function
which automatically allows you to make indented lists in columns (which
can be collapsed, expanded just like bullet lists in org-mode). This is
really useful for making long lists with different categories and still
wanting to keep them all in column views for organization purposes. I
was told that column-view can sort of do this, but it's really not what
I need. I'd have to set up the columns beforehand, it's not intuitive,
it's not really simple and on the fly (though I can see how it's useful
for many other things). It's basically not *really* the same thing that
I'm thinking of, which I can see at least.

I'm wondering: Does this interest anyone? I hope I'm emailing the right
place and I'm not certain if I'm breaking any rules about where or how
to post about this. I also hope I'm being clear enough - I can elucidate
more if needed, or post pictures/a write-up of some sort on my blog with
a link if people need some sort of comparison. Please let me know?

Also, I've been using Org-Mode since about end of January/February since
I was introduced to Spacemacs and then Emacs, which got me to stay with
Spacemacs and then Emacs (and now both for various purposes), so I just
want to thank everyone for all the amazing work! So, thank you!

Nat Harari.