Aaron Ecay writes: > Hi Malcom, > > 2014ko irailak 18an, "Cook, Malcolm"-ek idatzi zuen: >> >> Hi, >> >> Hmm, I spoke too soon.... the problem is only partially fixed by this >> patch... >> >> Trying to work with in org-mode with R code blocks attached to >> persistent sessions (i.e. adding ':session myRsession' to the code >> block header ) makes things start to break again, at least in my >> hands. >> >> I'm going to wait till things settle down before trying to upgrade ESS >> again. >> >> Thanks for the patch anyway. > > Can you give an ECM ? I tried > to reconstruct what you are saying, but the patch seems to work as > expected for me. Haven't had a problem since I used the patch. > > (At the risk of being redundant, did you make sure that you are running > the most recent code including the patch? The most foolproof way is to > navidate to the definition of ‘org-babel-R-initiate-session’ in ob-R.el, > verify that the call to ‘ess-wait-for-process’ is present, and use C-M-x > to reevaluate the defun.) Also: if you are compile, did you compile after applying the patch? I was looking once for an error for quite some time until I figured out that I still had some old compiled files lurking around... Rainer > > Thanks, -- Rainer M. Krug email: Rainerkrugsde PGP: 0x0F52F982