Rainer M Krug writes: > Nicolas Goaziou writes: > >> Hello, >> >> Rainer M Krug writes: >> >>>> I started using attachments and really like them. But I have a problem >>>> with the completion of file names. I use ido usually and it works fine - >>>> but not here. How can I register ido completion for org-attach? >>> >>> Forgot to mention - it always points to the .org file in which I want to >>> attach the file and I can't change the directory. >> >> I'm not sure to understand. What doesn't work? If a use "C-c C-a m" on >> a headline, I get a completion window where I can change directory. > > OK - I'll try to explain. > > I am in a file called attach.org. > I press C-c C-a m in a headline and I get the completion window in the > mini buffer - so far so good. > But I can't change the directory. > > I disabled ido, and it is working now. So this is a problem in IDO. I > will see if I can figure out what it is. OK - the culprit is the following code from https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/InteractivelyDoThings#toc15 : ,---- | (defvar ido-enable-replace-completing-read t | "If t, use ido-completing-read instead of completing-read if possible. | | Set it to nil using let in around-advice for functions where the | original completing-read is required. For example, if a function | foo absolutely must use the original completing-read, define some | advice like this: | | (defadvice foo (around original-completing-read-only activate) | (let (ido-enable-replace-completing-read) ad-do-it))") | | ;; Replace completing-read wherever possible, unless directed otherwise | (defadvice completing-read | (around use-ido-when-possible activate) | (if (or (not ido-enable-replace-completing-read) ; Manual override disable ido | (and (boundp 'ido-cur-list) | ido-cur-list)) ; Avoid infinite loop from ido calling this | ad-do-it | (let ((allcomp (all-completions "" collection predicate))) | (if allcomp | (setq ad-return-value | (ido-completing-read prompt | allcomp | nil require-match initial-input hist def)) | ad-do-it)))) `---- Any suggestion why this is happening? For the moment, I just disabled this code completely. Cheers, Rainer > > Thanks, > > Rainer > > > > >> I do not use Ido, tho. >> >> Regards, -- Rainer M. Krug email: Rainerkrugsde PGP: 0x0F52F982